Amanco help!

I've finally found one for sale locally!!

Can anyone give me some advice on what to check before I make an offer? It's being sold as "Unrestored Amanco horizontal open crank, 2hp". I'd also like to know what I look for to see if it's throttle or hit n miss governed.

Thanks for any help

Regards Chris

Reply to
Chris Crocker - White

Thanks, Nick. Can anyone find a pic of a throttle governed one for me, so I can compare it to the pics of hit n miss ones I have?

Regards Chris

Reply to
Chris Crocker - White

There is a picture of a throttle governed Amanco on my webshots site. See

-- Dave Croft Warrington England

Dave Croft

Thanks Dave, i'm getting excited now, I just got a load of extra hours at work so I can afford to pay more if necessary! :D

Going to see it on the 6th.

Regards Chris

Reply to
Chris Crocker - White

Chris Crocker - White (snip):-

Me too! Hope it turns out to be a good un, we are all looking forward to your account of the resto.

Nick H.

Reply to
Nick Highfield

Sorry to hear that it was a no go, particularly for something as trivial as the want of a few quid! I don't know what your budget is, but do you feel the vendor was being realistic in his expectations of what the engine should fetch?

Nil desparandum though, something will turn up.

Reply to
Nick Highfield

Well I don't really have a budget anymore due to the car breaking and all, but I do think he was asking for a lot more than what it was worth, it looked in a pretty bad way, ceized too. But someone else has bought it now, I guess they have more money to throw around than me :)

Probably have to wait until next spring to start looking properly again, when the rallies start again. Still haven't taken my D-type to a rally yet!

Regards Chris

Reply to
Chris Crocker - White