Auction madness?

Caught my eye due to hot air and gas engine content but nearly ninety quid for a reprint? A quick check of abebooks produced several copies starting at under twenty!

Nick H

Reply to
Nick H

"User ID Kept Private"

Never a good basis to enter an auction.

Peter

-- Peter & Rita Forbes Email: snipped-for-privacy@easynet.co.uk

Peter A Forbes

Even on a single site such as abebooks, I have seen the price for a title differ between sellers by an amazing 90 times. Buyer beware. Peter

Reply to
Peter J Seymour

Nick, Next time that a book on eBay catches your eye, check out AddAll instead of ABE. They search ABE and a whole bunch of other similar out-of-print sites.

I've made the same observation on eBay; namely that bidders simply don't realize that a book just MAY be available for a fraction of the eBay price. Always check the book sellers first, THEN bid on eBay.

See ya, Arnie

Arnie Fero Pittsburgh, PA USA fero snipped-for-privacy@city-net.com

Reply to
hit_n_miss