BBMF Flight

Just cruised over Rushden going north, glorious day and a fine sight and sound.

Peter

Peter A Forbes

Perhaps heading for the World Cup ?

-- Regards,

John Stevenson Nottingham, England.

John Stevenson

Yes! I just saw your post on URME :-))

Peter

Peter A Forbes

Damn I missed it, been to Whitwell Rally Hitchin this morning, like Bolnhurst a nice tidy rally in a nice setting.

Martin P

Reply to
campingstoveman

PA> Just cruised over Rushden going north, glorious day and a fine sight PA> and sound.

Wrong direction for your sighting, but I believe there is some sort of 'family day' event at RAF Northolt - there was a Tornado pootling about on its way in yesterday and a lone Spit (or perhaps Hurricane - I'm not very aeroplaney) flew down our road earlier today.

nickh=== Posted with Qusnetsoft NewsReader 2.2.0.8

Reply to
nickh

They do a series of visits per flight, the Clophill Fete advertises the BBMF every year, but it is a very small do, so they must be on the 'run', plus you have Duxford, Shuttleworth Collection, North Weald and other stuff within flying time of where we are (NN10 postcode)

Peter

Peter A Forbes

Duxford and Shuttleworth last weekend, clophill not yet I think and to far over for North Weald, lost maybe :-)) Loads of Easy Jet 737's where I was.

Mart>

Reply to
campingstoveman

Anthony

Reply to
campingstoveman

See John Stevenson's post in uk.rec.models.engineering ! :-))

Peter

Peter A Forbes

Sadly nothing quite as impressive as a Lancaster was to be seen today over North Wales. Being near the Wrexham beacon some quite interesting historic aircraft can be seen during the summer months. Today, Anthony Hodgson's 2 seat Spitfire:

went past this morning and returned in the afternoon. Also a Boeing Stearman flew past from South to North travelling back South later in the day.

A regular sight used to be the Mosquito which was based at Hawarden until it's sad demise at the Barton Airshow some years ago. On one occasion I was lucky enough to see two Mosquito's flying in formation. Initially I had to pinch myself as I thought I was hallucinating. Later that month an article appeared in FlyPast confirming what I had seen. The second Mosquito had recently emerged from a lengthy restoration and the opportunity was taken to fly it together with the BA one before it went to the US collection.

Reply to
Richard H Huelin

That would have possibly Kermit Weeks mosquito .

Martin P "Richard H Huelin" wrote in message news:448b139f$0$30718$ snipped-for-privacy@news.zen.co.uk...

Reply to
campingstoveman

snip,

I believe that is correct, but could not remember the owners name when I posted. Sadly it is unlikely that we will be ever lucky enough to see one, let two flying again.

Reply to
Richard H Huelin

There has been a lot of interest generated from John Stephenson's proposed Germany trip and the introduction of the Memorial Flight Lancaster as advertising.

Of course, the Memorial Flight had " my" DH Devon C1 VP-981 as its hack to transport servicing crews etc about.

I was part of her scratch crew in January 1950 when she went to the aid of the rammed submarine Truculent off Sheerness. The last report that I had was from the former 'Boss' of RAF 31 Squadron and that the old girl had buggered off from John Lennon airport with a new engine fitted.

Now VP-981 was never a 31 aircraft but she was at Hendon and we looked after her with all sorts of funnies like a ME108 which was a Nord 1000. One of the funnies is an Antarctic Auster 7 which lives with our own Devon at Cosford.

Norm

Reply to
norman