Blithering Idiot

What blithering idiot keeps selling Petter A stuff on E bay? He or she is really scraping the barrel. Is this really necessary? I though SE was a hobby not a blooming Scrap business. Colin.

Reply to
Colin Jacobs

If you consult the archives of this group you will find him appealing to this group for Petter A parts. (I'll leave you to guess where they next appeared!)! Apart from the Petter A parts he is also re-selling (at a healthy mark up) the products of Stationary Engine Books and AC Belting, and others. That there is a market is demonstrated by his sales. IMHO the blithering idiots are the buyers. There appear to be a whole section of this hobby (or are they?) who know nothing outside the Internet and do not subscribe to SEM, however much it tries to cater for them............ Furthermore they seem to lack the wit to use the Internet well since, for example, books often sell on Ebay for way over their price in other on-line outlets. Funny old world in'it :-) ttfn Roland PS I have nothing against honest dealers.

Reply to
Roland Craven

Here, here, Roland. It seems some folks are too lazy to do a little homework to find what they want, or they have too much money anyway ;-)

Reply to
martin hirst

Never actually done any cheque book restorations of Stationary Engines but one or two Classic Cars & motorbikes. I also have no problem with honest dealers. As you say there are some rogues around. Now I know where my Petter spares went which btw were sold to the buyer in good faith as I thought he was a fellow restorer. Pity how some bad eggs spoil it for others who really do need the parts. I will always help beginners & will give them the parts if they really need them.

Reply to
Colin Jacobs

I've been caught out a few times like this over the years, and it does leave a bad taste in the mouth...in fact while I'm in rant mode I reckon over 90% of the enquries I get, and after I've sent information, handbook reprints, etc, never even bother to say thanks/get stuffed/the info. was useless. I sometimes feel as I'm sending stuff into an empty void. Ah well, now I've got that off my chest I feel much better, and look forward to seeing all these photos which are going to be entered for the competition.

Regards

Philip T-E

Reply to
philipte

One of the reasons that we don't offer copies/scans any more. Especially to those who start with: "I want" in their emails....

Peter

Peter A Forbes