Speaker cable price

I was wrong about that $100 speaker cable:
From: http://www.audiovisionsf.com/?page tegories
Cardas Audio Speaker Cable
George Cardas is an innovator in the field of cabling for high end audio systems and professional audio applications. His speaker cable designs are favorites with many audiophiles, reviewers AND high end audio manufacturers.
CALL FOR ADDITIONAL LENGTHS AND PRICES
Golden Reference 8ft pair - $2240 Golden Cross 8ft pair - $2090 Golden Presence 8ft pair - $1400 Neutral Reference 8ft pair - $1026 Cross 8ft pair - $961 Quadlink 8ft pair - $510 Twinlink 8ft pair - $266 Crosslink 8ft pair - $183
--
Virg Wall, P.E.

You now see that there is a benefit to recessions. I am beginning to think that such outrageous rip offs will become even more outrages until collapse in one form or another becomes inevitable. Lets take our recession/depression like menand start over again when reason returns.
Bill

Wal-Mart special 8 ft pair $20.
Make-it-Yourself AWG $5
Value of knowing that cheap-ass speaker cables you can make yourself from a discarded lamp are the highest-fidelity component of any audio system: $2240.

There is an interesting psychology at work here.
My daughter is a blacksmith. A year or so ago her business partner took some stuff to a craft fair. The stand next door to his, was a guy selling hand made pottery and he had some really nice stuff but was selling hardly anything.
It may seem the illogical thing to do but on the last day of the show he tripled his prices and sold the lot!
--
Stuart Winsor

I have a friend who has a similar story involving pool cues.