Con Rod Required.

I=92m looking for a con rod with a split bearing as per dimensions on picture for an engine of 3=94 bore , 3.5=94 stroke and 2hp. Anything of a slightly wider lateral bearing width considered. Stationary engine, tractor, whatever=85=85..

Is there such a publication as a con rod cross reference catalogue? Possibly from British Motor Manufacturers' Association? Thanks in advance. Regards, Dave Carter.

Reply to
D.J.Carter

--Crimmeny that's nasty lookin'! FWIW the Tiny Power "M" engine has equivalent bore and stroke; might its con rod do?

Reply to
steamer

Hello Steamer, Anything is being considered at the moment. I'm afraid I don't know of the engine. Do you know any rod dimensions, or where to look?

Regards, Dave Carter.

Reply to
D.J.Carter

--Here's their website:

...And here's the page with deets on the "M":

steamer

Hello Steamer, Thanks for the link. Interesting info, although unfortunately, my engine is 2 stroke petrol. Many thanks all the same.

Regards, Dave Carter.

Reply to
D.J.Carter

--Oops! Might be adaptable tho.. ;-) OTOH considering the condition of the con rod you're using you might do better whittling a new one out of plate.

Reply to
steamer

" Whittling " one was my last option. However, that idea has just moved up a step as I have had a quote from a company that makes rods to customer's specifications. =A3700 for a one off. Well, I just had to ask!

I have a 10" length of railway line already reserved!

Regards, Dave Carter.

Reply to
D.J.Carter