Disaster at the Cumbria Steam Gathering.

Having missed last year due to illness I looked forward to this years show with great anticipation. The show itself was up to its normal high standards but the problem appeared on Friday & Saturday nights. The beer tent shut at 6PM until the following day. We were spread over a vast camp ground with nowhere to meet for the usual evenings lubricated Engine talking. I think that if things don't change next year a lot of exhibitors will try to find a different venue to visit. The cause was given as troubles last year but other sites with this problem seem to control it by giving exhibitors entance at night by showing your pass. I will try & post pictures later,

-- Dave Croft Warrington England

Dave Croft