ebay shenanigans?

Remember in Feb a very well presented Westbury Centaur which sold for a good price only to be offered again ten days later, by another vendor who was also not the previous winner, then promptly withdrawn practically before a bid could be placed? (following NG thread refers)

Well it's put in yet another appearance, this time apparently selling for around 1/4 of the price it fetched earlier in the year.

One of our number was seriously interested in the engine but failed to get a satisfactory response from the vendor as to it's recent history so let it go.

Hmm. Missed a bargain or lucky escape?

Reply to
Nick H

I think today's negative feedback comment speaks volumes - fetch me that barge pole! ;-)

Dan

Reply to
Dan Howden

I bid a substantial sum on this engine. I contacted the vendor & asked for photos, these he sent, said he wanted £1,200 for it AND wanted to sell it through eBay. Fair enough.

Nick pointed out that there were some Curious Facts surrounding this apparently desirable model engine & I raised these concerns with the vendor. No reply. With time running out, I asked for a response & when none was forthcoming, perceived the odour of rodent & did not bid further.

I did wonder what he'd do when it went nowhere near his notional sum - now we know. Perhaps he is genuinely new to eBay & didn't realise the implications of what he was getting into by not setting a reserve.

I suspect we shall see this six limbed beast again before too long!

Regards,

J. Kim Siddorn,

Reply to
Kim Siddorn

"Dan Howden" wrote

Buyer's feedback is not much better though.

Reply to
Nick H