Engines for sale

It is past time I did some rationalising & as the days shorten, some things Must Go. So, prior to e-Pay, anyone interested? I live in Bristol & I am always open to offers of swaps for small, interesting stuff.

Enfield sloper Diesel. Bought from Dan Howden. Free with compression. Never had it going - never likely to! £140.00

JAP Model 55 twin. Apparently either never used or seen very little use. Bought from a film & TV props house. I had it running a couple of years ago. £140.00

Stuart Turner P55 Industrial engine. Never used in salt water! ;o)) Unusual beast. Free with compression. £80.00

This is the tip of the iceberg! If there is interest, photos can easily be taken .

Reply to
kimsiddorn

Now that my Douglas FT35 gen-set has gone to pastures new, the clear-out has revealed other items: Norman T600 a runner with fuel tank and pepper-pot exhausts. Workman-Reed genset on substantial trolley. 240vac and comes with two alternators and two PAZ1 engines. All worked when I put them away a few years back. Though that's no guarantee that they will now of course!

regards

Reply to
Roland Craven

You and us all!

Ooh, tempting. What's a model 55? Capacity / rpm / rough power?

Reply to
Andy Dingley

Twin Cylinder water-cooled two-stroke, the stationary engine version is a little bit rarer than the marine versions. Peter

-- Peter A Forbes Prepair Ltd, Rushden, UK snipped-for-privacy@prepair.co.uk

Peter A Forbes

Er - no. It is a Model five but with two heads & barrels on a common crankcase. Air cooled, side valve 800+cc. Very sexy finned exhaust manifold.

Nice looking engine & rarely seen .

Regards,

Kim Siddorn

Reply to
kimsiddorn

JAP 55 pics here

Regards,

Kim Siddorn

Reply to
kimsiddorn

I have access to a completely dismantled one with hardly any wear if anyone is interested.

Reply to
campingstoveman

Apologies, I read P55 ! (smacks wrist!)

Peter

-- Peter & Rita Forbes Email: snipped-for-privacy@easynet.co.uk

Peter A Forbes

Ah. Showing my ignorance here, but I didn't realise it wasn't a V

Indeed. Rather similar finning to Dad's MG J2 (850 OHC straight-4 - camshaft drive is a vertical shaft with bevels, which is also the dynamo rotor! All great fun until the upper oil seal leaks into the brushgear...)

Reply to
Andy Dingley