Enstone Bring & Buy

Gentlemen, Are we all home yet from Enstone, bit on the chilly side but lots to see and buy though. I bought another camping stove for my collection, an inflatable jockey wheel for the trailer, a large stack of 1928 Model engineer mags and an unusual Tarpen hedge trimmer which is different to those I already have with my Generator. Some nice engines for sale especially the Petter pump set a friend of mine bought. Lets here what the rest of you cronies who I saw bought.

Nice to see you Dan you've been hiding to long. Martin P

-- When replying use snipped-for-privacy@btopenworld.com

Reply to
Campingstoveman

Just landed home after my grand tour...was at Enstone before 8, no early bargains though - I picked up a nice Tangye jack for a couple of quid. Lots of nice stuff (better than Sodbury for proper engine jumble IMHO) and a few nice engines which rapidly found new homes.

Then off up into the Peak District to pick up an Ebay purchase - a Warsop Pick/Breaker still in it's original box, and then a stroke of luck, the vendor had another in his shed with a compactor foot on it - that also quickly found its way into the back of the van and means I should be able to exhibit and run them at shows. Had a quick play when I got home but it got dark before I could get one to run and I can't get into the shed to work on them ;-(

Task for tomorrow - tidy the workshop and garage so I can actually get in without climbing over stuff.

Regards

Dan

Reply to
Dan Howden

Forget it and make some raised decking :-) Thanks for the help carrying the original, and sound, 2.5hp Petter skids back to the car - a bargain for a tenner which will save me a week's work. The usual collection of odds and sods including a Hills rotary mag. The latter was full of grease and with a few bits missing but measures 14k so I have hopes that it may still work after drying out. It seems I'm unwittingly collecting Bosch 22 copies. ttfn Roland

Reply to
Roland and Celia Craven

Forgot to mention Roland, found CF book shame mine is a CA :-))

Martin P

Reply to
Campingstoveman

My wife deeply regrets their passing. The labelling was so useful :-) ttfn Roland PS You mean you missed the CA one !

Reply to
Roland and Celia Craven

It was certainly cold at Enstone, a real contrast to yesterday. I saw lots of friends to say hello to, and came home with another crankshaft for the 1.5 hp Appletop, hopefully better than the mangled one it came with. Oh yes, and a pair of Fowler camshaft bushes, plus a reasonable tappet block for same. I did see a nice hand tinted print of a beam engine that would have looked good hung up in the shed, but thought £15 was a bit steep.

Regards

Philip T-E

Reply to
ClaraNET

Manuals I have a plenty including Vauxhall factory / Garage repair books but if you should see good cheap sales literature please feel free to purchase on my behalf.

Martin P

Reply to
Campingstoveman

Is a "Hills Rotary Mag" anything like a "Hills Rotary Hoist"? If so, every garden in Australia has one of thoses, can let you have any number cheap.

JW² Perth, Western Australia Norton AntiVirus 2003 installed

************************************

"Roland and Celia Craven" said

Reply to
Jack Watson

Iv'e got a Hills Hoist in my backyard,but it has not got a spark,must messure the resistance in the clothes wires. Regads,Ron.

Reply to
Lars Ericson

T'was quite bracing wasn't it, but a good morning's entertainment. Didn't spot any now familiar faces from NG, probably 'cos I was concentrating on junk! As usual many of the obviously attractive stuff had a 'sold' sign on it by the time I got there at about nine, but the only thing I felt vaguely disappointed at having missed was a nice little two-stroke gen set (was it a Wilton?) which probably would have been to expensive anyway. Also mildly tempting was a small Vincent, with the same clutch housing as an Amanda engine but only one cylinder, at £60.

Any thoughts of other engines were forgotten though when my eyes alighted on a Scott of the SE/SM type(on same stall that had the Gould bodied Austin 7 for sale). Thought I'd missed it at first but the chap in front of me turned out to be enquiring about a small open crank engine, so a deal was done and it was mine for £200.

Seems a lot for a 1930's two-stroke missing a mag, but it is something I have been after for a while and the last one I saw for sale was at the Absolom auction in 1992 (I was out bid on that, though I can't remember at what price I dropped out!).

The twist in the tale is that when I re-read Phillip Gallimore's SE articles on Scott engines (Dec 1983/Jan 1984), I discovered that the engine I had just bought was Phillip's own at the time! I wonder if anyone can fill in its history over the last 20 years?

Reply to
Nick Highfield

IIRC the Wilton sold for £400 before the trailer suspension had stopped quivering. That must have been about 0820. Mind you the new owner was still trying to start it at 1100 :-) ttfn Roland

Reply to
Roland and Celia Craven