Gibb & Hogg (Airdrie Engineers) info wanted

Our family mythology has it that an ancestor on my father's side was a partner in a large engineering works. My great grandfather (John Hogg,

1837 - 1910) was from Airdrie in Scotland and described himself as an Engine Manufacturer and a Master Engineer in census returns, and was listed as an employer. The Victoria Engine Works of Gibb & Hogg in Airdrie ran from about 1866 to 1912, so could be the origin of the family myth. But there were other engineering works in Airdrie that my great grandfather might equally well have been connected with, without having his name in the company title.

I've got some information on Gibb & Hogg from the net, but I've found nothing about its owners and founders. Can anyone help?

Many thanks

Reply to
Chris Hogg