Keep you busy over Winter

Winter coming, already mention of 'projects' starting to appear on this group. Myself - have made a new petrol tank for a Lister A a while back and wood butchered a trolley so will be assembling what was a basket case engine.

Small fry, do I fancy a proper "challenge" :

Wouldn't get past 'er indoors, so would have to say no, just on this occasion :-)

Ken

Reply to
Kenneth_John_Russell

Winter coming, already mention of 'projects' starting to appear on this group. Myself - have made a new petrol tank for a Lister A a while back and wood butchered a trolley so will be assembling what was a basket case engine.

Small fry, do I fancy a proper "challenge" :

Wouldn't get past 'er indoors, so would have to say no, just on this occasion :-)

Ken

Reply to
Kenneth_John_Russell

Is ANYTHING salvagable from that?

Reply to
John

Absolutely worthless IMHO, it is not even a rare engine as WW2 aero engines in preservation go.

There are several in assorted musuems as well as some examples still flying.

It might possibly end up on display as is in a local musuem but I doubt it.

Reply to
crn

Scrap that is, just scrap. It might fetch scrap price from an air museum, but even then there are a lot more about in better nick.

As to saleable items, there is something of a market for pistons - if you can get them out of them twisted holes ...........

Regards,

J. Kim Siddorn,

Reply to
Kim Siddorn