Winter Project!

I've just been given a 1937 Lister D in running order! It's been dry stored since it was taken out of the farm where it used to power a milking pump and the mag has been stored in a warm, dry, place in the house! I'm told the petrol tank has a brass screw cap and it's never been touched - it's still got the farmers' oil in it!

I haven't even seen it yet (it's in Macclesfield and I'm in Derbyshire) and I'm not going to collect it before new year, as it's very much a "back burner" project and it's never going to be rallied. My intention is to build a raised brick plinth in the corner of the garage to mount it on, clad in quarry tiles and with white tiles on the surrounding walls. The exhaust will be plumbed outside and I'd like to acquire a dynamo, switchboard and (a bit optimistic, this) some glass cell batteries so i could have an LV lighting system.

In the shorter term, I'm no doubt going to need a new HT lead with terminations and a new spark plug: I'll ask when I'm ready. Incidentally, this project has little or no budget.................

Brian L Dominic

Web Sites: Canals:

of the Cromford Canal:
Light Railway: