Kettering next week end?

Anyone going to the Steam and Vintage gathering 20th / 21st this month ?

-- Regards,

John Stevenson Nottingham, England.

Reply to
John Stevenson

Should be in that part of the world next weekend. Plan was to collect magneto for Marconi-Stanley engine from Martin Percy but looks like it won't be ready in time (Martin is a bit of a victim of his own success). So I am casting about for something to go to, is the Kettering rally worth a visit or any other suggestions?

Reply to
Nick Highfield

The Henham Steam Rally is always a good event but, as I said in an earlier post it has moved temporarily to The Norfolk Showground on the A47 near Norwich. As far as I know it will be similar to previous Rallies, less the lovely Henham scenery however.

Reply to
Pete Aldous

I thought about Henham as ISTR Old Glory events guide (which seems to be on the blink again) promised a good engine turn out. However it is over 100 miles from where Martin is in Northants whereas Kettering is just up the road. Only other one I could see was somewhere near B'ham (can't remember the name), both unknown quantities to me so 'local knowledge' welcome.

Reply to
Nick Highfield

It's just up the A6 from where we are, about 15 miles, so could go over after nag feeding :-))

Kind regards,

Peter

Peter Forbes Prepair Ltd Luton, UK email: snipped-for-privacy@easynet.co.uk home: snipped-for-privacy@easynet.co.uk

Reply to