picture of Lister B11

Hi all,

I have finally got Moo to come round and take a couple of pics of the engine I got running last week.

Have only put the one pic up so far but it is a very large pic/file (1.4Mb). It is not quite finished yet and needs a final top coat of paint and some transfers, but still looks very nice. Will be building the rest of the trolley when my friend has finished re-bushing? the wheels.

Simon Taylor.

Reply to
Simon Taylor

Hi all,

I have finally got Moo to come round and take a couple of pics of the engine I got running last week.

Have only put the one pic up so far but it is a very large pic/file (1.4Mb). It is not quite finished yet and needs a final top coat of paint and some transfers, but still looks very nice. Will be building the rest of the trolley when my friend has finished re-bushing? the wheels.

Simon Taylor.

Reply to
Simon Taylor
2.9mgb, actually ;o))

Nice restoration though. I do have a soft spot for these early Listers.

Regards,

Kim Siddorn

Reply to
J K Siddorn

Simon, I didn't even try to look at your picture, with my slow internet connection and the huge file size. Might I humbly suggest resizing the photo and applying some JPEG compression?

Reply to
Arthur Griffin

Have posted a smaller pic at:

It is a .jpg but still seems to be rather larger than most at 365Kb. I don't know why my jpg's are so big unless it is something to do with the colour depth setting.

Simon.

Reply to
Simon Taylor

O.K. sorry, have now had some off group help from Peter and am able to produce a large 200k pic.

I wish I could compress myself into a mouse hole right now!

thanks to all for helping me to find that section on compressing. It that why it has gone from a .jpg to a .jpeg?

With the space saved, I can put a couple more up if anybody would like to see them.

Simon

Reply to
Simon Taylor

Nice job, Simon. Sorry about nagging on file size, but it does make your work available to everyone. The oval brass plate on your engine looks interesting - what does it say?

Reply to
Arthur Griffin

Thanks. I am planning a few pages on the net, with info about this engine. Now I will be able to include more pictures.

The plate on the hopper says: Drake & Fletcher, Engineers, Maidstone-England.

On the 7th February 1924 the engine was despatched from the Lister works to the company above.

My engine came fitted with a sprocket on the crankshaft. There is a later 2 flywheel B at the hop farm, Paddock Wood, Kent, with the same plate on the hopper and the engine is mounted on a large (Horse drawn) orchard sprayer. This is the "Mystifier"

170K hop farm orchard sprayer

Although the picture looks nice, the thing is in a bit of a sad condition. I believe that a dis-interested gentleman painted it with a toilet brush!

Although Drake & Fletcher made and sold other equipment, The sprocket seems the same to me, and the engine was found on the old boundary of what was a very large orchard. Although I don't have any actual proof, I am assuming that my B came off one of these.

Simon Taylor