Kew Bridge - Stirling Engine Rally

Just in case people need a memory jogger;

Next Sunday (3rd April) is the Stirling Engine Rally at Kew Bridge Steam Museum. I think the doors open at 11:00.

Reply to
Paul E. Bennett

"Paul E. Bennett" wrote

Haven't missed one yet.

Nick H

Don't forget Gentlemen to post lots of pictures for us unfortunate Stirling fans that cannot attend.

-- Dave Croft Warrington England

Dave Croft

You could look at mine for starters, I had my interest in a non Stirling engine, which reminded me of a previous discussion here, aroused and I hope to find out more.

The vibration surge from the 90" water pumping beam engine was exhilarating.

will stay up for a little while until I need the space.

AJH

Reply to
sylva

wrote >

Wonderful day as usual, thanks for the pictorial reminder - I will add a few to 'All Hot Air' album when I get round to it. BTW the society managed to scrounge a demo whispergen unit for last year's show plus there were a couple of 1950's Philips gen sets to represent the commercial, rather than amateur and modelling, side if stirling engines.

Reply to
Nick H

Hi AJH. can you contact me off list. My address does work! snipped-for-privacy@nospammershere.co.uk I would like a chat.

Reply to
Dave Croft

Yes, a great day. I spent some of my time looking after Julians tables whuile he was ouyt racing his buggies. I have a couple of photos which will go up somewhere as soon as I get a few moments to get them off the camera (I had a trip to Bristol and back - by train - after the show so haven't had much time just yet). I will post the links here when done.

Reply to
Paul E. Bennett

Did I get you in one?

I'll have seen you then, neither of you were wearing your ures ties ;-).

I actually only knew two people that I met there by coincidence.

AJH

Reply to
sylva

So does mine, my normal e-mail address is also quite easy to see, it's the sub domain I posted the link to with my three letter sig appended in front of the @.

AJH

Reply to
sylva

I was the one in the hat. I've only nbeen a member for about a year so haven't got into the tie wearing stage yet. I haven't seen Julian wear a tie either. Anyway, here are the photos that Jason and myself took.

Enjoy.

Reply to
Paul E. Bennett

...and I was happy to play along with that.

I met Bob Seir and bought another of his books. He graciously signed the copy. I also enjoyed Bob's company at lunch, with a very interesting chat. Unfortunately, I don't think that many of the Hot Air Engine or Sterling Engine Society members visit this newsgroup very often. Next time, you can just introduce yourself to anyone on a stall. You will often find that they are all quite friendly and willing to talk about engine matters almost ad-nauseum.

Reply to
Paul E. Bennett

"Dave Croft" wrote

A bit late but a few pics added to 'all hot air' webshots album

Reply to
Nick H