Lister LD info sought

One of my workmates is trying to strip and rebuild a Lister diesel, and
would like to know tappet clearances and cyl head torque.
Can anyone help please? Details are..2 h.p. Lister diesel, engine no.
2909LD18,
1000 rpm,
Regards,
Kim Siddorn
Reply to
kimsiddorn
Don't think I have an LD book, the one thing which sticks in my memory is 15 lbft for the big end nuts. Marine Engine Services in Uxbridge might be able to supply a Lister book.
Tim
Reply to
Tim
There's a manual available for download from Internal Fire - relevant information is 40lbFt (or very tight with a 7" long spanner), tappet clearances are 0.002" cold for both valves. Another important dimension is the piston to head bump clearance which should be 0.030 to 0.033".
Regards Dan
Reply to
Dan Howden
Grateful thanks from my mate who has it in hand for this weekend.
He is s-o-o-o impressed!
Regards,
Kim Siddorn
Reply to