Lister M restoration

Gentlemen,
I am need of assistance please, I have finally got around to getting the
Lister M up and running but need to make some parts for it. The parts
missing involve the Petrol and Paraffin chambers but specifically the tap
which changes from one to the other.
I have the tap but I am missing the means of retaining the tap in its body.
Does anybody have any drawings or photo's of the mid term vaporiser that I
could borrow to manufacture the parts, better still does anybody have the
parts I could copy.
I have placed photo's in the usual place for your perusal.
Thanks in anticipation,
Martin P
Reply to
Campingstoveman
Gentlemen,
At the suggestion of two good friends I have just finished making the necessary brass spacer/washers for my tap assembly but I now need to source a spring/washer. What I'm looking for is the type used to put tension on the govenor rod on the Lister D that runs along from the governor to the support at the other end where the washer is. Any idea's please.
Martin P
Camp> Thanks to all who have emailed me, idea's to try.
Reply to
Campingstoveman
Martin,
it sounds like you need the Thackeray washer.
I think I've got a couple in the shed somewhere amongst the cobwebs , I'll have a look tomorrow evening.
I'm still jealous of that engine :-).
Reply to
Arthur Griffin
Gentlemen,
I am now seeking more advice, I've spent all morning trying to remove the two large bungs that sit above the valve's on my Lister M so that I can get at the stuck valves. I have managed to remove them, buggering the gaskets in the process. My problem is that the valves are only partially stuck but due to a lack of space I cant get the spring or retaining collar off to lever the valves up and its increasingly looking like I'm going to have to take the barrel / head assembly off. any idea's! My next question is what are valve guides made of as when the valve gets stuck I can rotate it and I can see a guide going around with it, so I will need to make new ones of those.
Martin P
Reply to
Campingstoveman
Gentlemen,
The decision has been made for me, I went back for one more look and managed to get the spring and retainer off to reveal the valve guide has broken at the point where it enters the head. The barrel has to come off for new guides which by the way are of a cast material.
Martin P
Camp> Gentlemen,
Reply to
Campingstoveman