New BT-H magnetos

In which case you will probably be chuffed to hear that one of them (Roger I think) was recently sent for an early bath for exceeding noise limits. For some time he had got away with bump starting the bike backwards, in which condition (ie very retarded ignition) it would pass the test. However, on this occasion, it almost stalled on the way into the scrute bay, coughed, restarted itself with the correct rotation and failed the test miserably!

Reply to
Nick Highfield

Lionel,

How would you like to own a Supermarine Spitfire which has had a full rebuild to the extent that it is likely to be almost brand new because of CAA regs. The Ffestiniog railway are currently building a brand new loco but because it has an original brake lever from the scrapped original loco it is a rebuild !

Martin P

old racing car at one of the large auction

Brooklands era and sold for many 100's of thousands of

not the original car. Everything had been

engines etc, had all been replaced at

can you change a racing car through several

Reply to
Campingstoveman

I would take the Spitfire after the rebuild.

Apparently when the BMW executives came over from Germany to look at the Rover works up the road here, prior to buying the company. All references to storing Spitfires and manufacturing parts were removed from the companies history!

Lionel

Reply to
Lionel

Reply to
Roland and Celia Craven

|Lionel, | |How would you like to own a Supermarine Spitfire which has had a full |rebuild to the extent that it is likely to be almost brand new because of |CAA regs. The Ffestiniog railway are currently building a brand new loco but |because it has an original brake lever from the scrapped original loco it is |a rebuild !

Didn't the GWR indulge in such activities, encouraged by the accountants?

Reply to
use_replyto

To belatedly answer Roland's perfectly reasonable question if one has never flung a leg over a motorbike ........

TT stands for Tourist Trophy, the race held first in the Isle of Man that came to have an enormous cachet for sports and racing motorcycles, their manufacturers and purchasers. A TT mag at least implies something out of the ordinary and - IIRC - the Lucas TT magnetos were wound with a finer wire to increase the delivery voltage. There were also a range of TT carbs made by Amal.

Regards,

Kim Siddorn

Reply to
J K Siddorn

Now I'm holding my rapidly rising blood pressure in check, more or less. During my 54 years I have heard mention of the TT and even know what the letters stand for :-) In an inspirational moment I guessed that the mag came off a bike. My question, now lost in the mists of time, was did anyone know which make/model this BTH KC1 B6 might fit. I shall assume not and suggest my question be expunged from the collective thought. I'll put it on Ebay where no doubt someone will know Going for a beta-blocker Roland

Reply to
Roland and Celia Craven

Get the feeling Roland that Kim has started where I left off with a little wind-up. Hope the pills work. If they dont have a few glasses of whiskey it wont cure anything but you wont give a damn. :-))

Martin P

Reply to
Campingstoveman

Having re-read the thread, I now understand where my error lay. Roland, I'm sorry, I entirely misread your posting >

"I regret that I still fail to see it, perhaps due to spending the day Xmas shopping. Yes it says TT. I know nothing about bikes but I'm fairly sure many marques participated and no doubt many road bikes were sold with some sort of TT branding. Perhaps someone would be kind enough to explain (off group if you consider it appropriate) why a straightforward question has drawn only fatuosity? ta Roland"

- but now I see that it was an earlier posting for which you sought an answer.

Regards,

Kim Siddorn

Reply to
J K Siddorn

Roland -- I picked up your challenge & exhaustive searches of Google etc revealed a hit on just such a type. Regrettably, it was pointing to your post here .....

Dug a bit deeper & found the KC2 for twins, & then found Independent Ignition Supplies or somesuch who carry spares for the KC. Link attached.

Suspect they may know exactly what a B6 fits. If I was running a book, I might guess at some sporting Velo, but no idea really.

Colin

Reply to
Colin Osborne

Reply to