New Year/SEM

Morning, A few years ago, Paul Pavlinovich

used to run a New Years Crank Up page on his website. The first year or so it was well used and then slowed down as the novelty wore off.

I'm posting this on Newsgroup and ATIS to see whether or not people would feel like resurrecting the idea. Picking up on a Newsgroup thread about Stationary Engine Magazine not taking the internet seriously - and possibly GEM - if enough people were join in it would be an interesting way of showing how the internet does bring enthusiasts from all over the world together.

I'll put a submission page onto the website that will allow the entry of engines planned to be run and then after New Year allow an update with pics as to what was run - same format as Paul used, he is happy.

We are having a "Crank Up" here at the museum anyway with as many engines running as we can, might be a few locals calling in as well.

Any thoughts?

Thanks Paul

Internal Fire, Museum of Power, Wales

(under construction)

Reply to
Paul Evans

running as we can, might be a few locals calling in as well.

Nice one, Paul. Working on SWMBO. Will try to start the Handyman, after it has had many years of sadness stuck in a dark corner of the garage .....

Colin

Reply to
Colin Osborne