OT - Airbus A380 flyby over Bristol

If anyone wants a laugh try typing this into Google and clicking on 'Groups' and you'll see what we are dealing with 8-)

"guy fawkes" davenull@blueyonder court

Greg

Reply to
Greg

15 inch quarter girth for my arms.

Andrew Heggie (former professional tree hugger)

Reply to
AJH

OK, so thngs can get out of hand....but usenet is about opinion. No one is here as a paid proffesional. Any opinions stated must be considered as non-expert. If someone makes an offensive statement then that must be seen as an indication of the mentallity of the one making the statement, and not a reflection on the one being accused. As long as usenet is viewed in this way and is know to be this way then insults will not be taken too seriously.

Only trouble is some people take THEMSELVES too seriously. Then they get all huffy and seek retribution. The only effect this has is to constrain the exchange of ideas, and give credibility to usenet as a source of "valued" opinion leading to legal action such as the one described here.

It must be remembered...if you throw a punch then don't be surprised if you get hit back, and if you get hit back hard you only have yourself to blame.

So come on guys (no pun intended). Kiss and make up and lets talk about engines.

When this OT thread started who could have imagined just how far OT it would get.

As for the "Guy Fawkes" in the article I must assume it isn't the Guy Fawkes posting here. I mean, no-one would want himself to be seen in that light would they?

Reply to
alspam1