OT ebay thumbnails

Anyone else having problems with the thumbnail pictures on ebay search pages? Just lately I have found them either v. slow to download or no show at all (red cross in a box). At first I thought it might be something to do with new IE browser but same story on firefox. Tried switching off Norton and all sorts of other settings to no avail - any ideas?

NHH

Reply to
NHH

Intermittently yes. I think its the amount of crap Ebay now throw at you. Using a Flash blocker improves the speed a good deal. Also useful for places like Webshots and all those sites where the owners have been sold expensive crap by misguided web developers!!

ttfn Roland

Reply to
Roland Craven

RC> Intermittently yes. I think its the amount of crap Ebay now throw at RC> you. Using a Flash blocker improves the speed a good deal. Also useful RC> for places like Webshots and all those sites where the owners have RC> been sold expensive crap by misguided web developers!!

RC> ttfn RC> Roland

Interesting, my eeepc doesn't seem to be so afflicted - perhaps the Linux OS doesn't run flash content?

nickh=== Posted with Qusnetsoft NewsReader 2.2.0.8

Reply to
nickh

I Think you are right Roland; killing the flash player with 'manage add-ons' tool in IE8 seems to improve matters greatly, but of course blocks other flash content like you tube clips. Apparently the 'InPrivate browsing' mode will block ads but I havn't tried it yet.

NHH

Reply to
NHH

My searches don't seem to be working properly & a couple of things I'd like to have bid on passed me by as I wasn't headsuped by the system.

Regards,

Kim Siddorn

Reply to
kimsiddorn

I fear that Thiefbay are erroneously convinced of their own omnipotence. Doubtless the foolishness of that conviction will be revealed to them in due course! ttfn Roland

Reply to
Roland Craven

Evening all,

Seasons greetings and all that Humbug, the only problem I have with IE8 is its slow start up apart from that everything works ok.

Reply to
campingstoveman

evening gentlemen,

May I first bid you seasons greetings and all that Humbug, the only problem I have had with IE* is its slow start otherwise all is ok.

Martin P

Reply to
campingstoveman