OT - new radial engine in production

Very pretty too. I suppose in fifty years they'll be appearing on the old engine circuit!

Regards,

Kim Siddorn

Reply to
Kim Siddorn

I'msure that until very recently, indeed maybe even currently, larger radial engines were/are still being manufactured in Poland. Interesting to note that Rotec say that most parts of their engine are machined from the solid. Nothing new there, the cylinders on the originall Gnome rotaries were also machined from a solid billet of metal, and that was nearly a century ago.

Have a look at this link if you've got some money burning a hole in your pocket :-)

Regards

Philip T-E

Reply to
philipte

Lovely, I wonder what they cost.

It is an impressive power to weight ratio: 110hp from 102 kg.

Compared with a Lister D, 1.5 hp from ?100kg.

No wonder I couldn't get my Lister powered plane off the ground ;-).

Arthur G

Reply to
Arthur G

Goodness me, the money I could spend ...........

Regards,

Kim Siddorn

Reply to
Kim Siddorn

No but think what a mess it would make if you air dropped that on Baghdad

-- Regards,

John Stevenson Nottingham, England.

John Stevenson