OT - only stationary now !

I bought a VF750 Honda vee4 today - it was Hazel's fault, I happened to say when seeing her off to work at lunchtime that the XBR500 was rather cramped for me & she said "Well, why don't you get something bigger?" So I did.........

I suspect she didn't exactly mean for me to take her at her word quite so quickly!

It's been in a garage for ten years, needs a pair of tyres and a new battery. I suspect the carbs & tap need cleaning thoroughly as it churns over OK but doesn't fire. I shall not complain at two hundred quid. Photos at .......

Anyone here any experience of them?

regards,

Kim Siddorn.

Post hoc, ergo propter hoc!

Reply to
Kim Siddorn

My only experience of one of those was hitting an aged Austin A40 with one. It's unusual handling characteristics caught me - mid bend - slightly unawares with inevitable results - bent forks, a slightly re-aligned rear wing and a broken collar bone and other assorted inconveniences. I decided that a couple of extra wheels was an inherently more stable affair.

Mark

mark.howard10

We were somewhere around Barstow, on the edge of the desert, when the drugs began to take hold. I remember "Kim Siddorn" saying something like:

Chocolate camshafts and the exhausts cost an arm and an optional leg.

Reply to
Grimly Curmudgeon

Chocolate camshafts is a good description of the early chain drive VF series. Luckily, I have several pages of the fifty mods that were performed under warranty by the Honda agents on this engine to correct the spalling on the cams due to insufficient oil supply. It's two owners from new, 23,000 miles & as quiet as four mice shuffling cards.

The silencers have circular rusting like many Hondas of this age. It is readily dealt with by the addition of a nicely made stainless steel strap, well sniftered in with Gun Gum. Price, £6.00!

regards,

Kim Siddorn.

Post hoc, ergo propter hoc!

Reply to