OT - ST "Sun"

Indicates a Stuart Turner Sun engine. I have a finned compressor which looks so much the same it cannot be chance but I cannot find any mention of it in an ST context. Is it a one off or were they available in this form?

regards

Kim Siddorn

Reply to
Kim Siddorn

ViewItem&rd=1&item=6012441894

KS> Indicates a Stuart Turner Sun engine. I have a finned compressor which KS> looks so much the same it cannot be chance but I cannot find any KS> mention of it in an ST context. Is it a one off or were they available KS> in this form?

KS> regards

KS> Kim Siddorn

My S-T stuff seems to be hiding, but I'm pretty sure that the compressor appears in the 1940 or so models catalogue

nickh=== Posted with Qusnetsoft NewsReader 2.2.0.8

Reply to
nickh

I bought it specifically to drive it with a small engine in order to get a reliable supply of compressed air at events. Even keener now I know it's that old. Gosh. Only looks recently made, too.

I'll go and peer at it with renewed interest!

Thanks for that Nick.

Kim Siddorn

Reply to
Kim Siddorn

Catalogue intro states that the compressor was newly introduced. Perhaps someone with a selection of post-war catalogues could tell us if it reappeared after the unpleasantness and, if so, when it was withdrawn.