Petrol paraffin exhaust question

Hello could someone please help clarify a point for me please ? I have a stationary engine petrol paraffin & I have been told to have the exhaust lever in i.e. open from valve to exhaust for start up & out for running i.e. closed so the exhaust gases travel around the head. I would have thought it should be travel round head for warm up & direct up exhaust when warm & working, any help would be appreciated.

Regards

Rob

Reply to
R A

Starting on petrol you want the exhaust directly out, running on paraffin you need the exhaust around the vaporiser or the engine won't run properly.

Peter

-- Peter A Forbes Prepair Ltd, Rushden, UK snipped-for-privacy@easynet.co.uk

Prepair Ltd

Thank you clarifying that, much appreciated

Rob

Reply to
R A