Project for a mad inventor

Heres a project for the man with alot of spare time, build an engine powered washing machine, with a water cooled engine to supply the hot water , and pulley drive the drum, the engine's water pump will also cycle the water. the whole thing works out perfect !

Go and look at the mountain of shiny new but faulty machines at your local tip, all electronic faults, they give em away !

Reply to
Motor

Now why did Maytag never think of that - all their washing machine engines were air-cooled!

Nick H

Reply to
Nick H

Fighing the zeroth law of thermodynamics is always worhwile... And reusing heat is good... Unless you expend more energy in doing so....

Don't start wit a H****etc Main bearing is a stainless spigot running in a mild steel groove. No lubrication. After two or three years the ss spigot will eat it's merry way through the groove and the sympmtom will be vibration And , of course, you cannot get a new groove. Unless you buy a new machine..Mostly. I'm convinced they are designed to fail early. The reason white goods are cheap at the tip is that it is prohibitely expensive to get spares.

Aargh. Don't get me started...

No need to go to your local tip and pass cash to the custodians ( in Bedford (tragically) they had cameras to look for this sort of transaction )

Check out your local FreeCycle group. And prepare to be astonished at what people do give away

Reply to
Derek Lord Of Misrule!

My cousin had one in the backwoods of Alaska but I don't remember him talking of it fondly. He was more fond of his sled dogs!

Video here

I suspect the related video on the gas powered one would be more to the groups taste!

JohnB - UK