Reset button on Lister Start-o-matic wont reset

Help.................? I have a Lister ST2 Start-o-Matic generator. It failed to start recently because the two 12v starting batteries were flat (- this sets off the red Genset Failed light). Now I have recharged the batteries, but the Reset button will only turn off the Genset Failed for 20 seconds and this stops the generator from working, ( if I quickly switch something on, the generator starts, but cuts out when the light comes on). I have tried replacing all the relays but I still cant get the Reset to work. Any ideas anyone..................? Ray

Reply to
ray newport

Have you checked what the charge rate into the batteries is?

The reset is an overload trip I seem to remember, and I also think it is in the circuit to/from the batteries?

I've got a book on the later air-cooled start-o-matic somewhere, but it isn't in view....

Peter

Peter A Forbes