running engines on LPG

Anyone tried running stationary engines on LPG?! When the weather gets a bit better, I intend to convert a few to run on LPG instead of petrol. It is quite easy to do, and as the uk's largest supplier of autogas parts, i am not short of a few bits to play around with. We've done just about every type of car, and a whole load of other things like boats, lawn mowers, quad bikes, camper vans, diesel conversions, and so on. If anyone else wants to mess about with a few second hand bits - feel free to shout. Oh, and if anyone wants to swap some LPG conversion gear for a working engine - i would be more than happy to oblige!!

Ivan

Reply to
adrenalin

Many years ago when I ran a Lister Junior as my main engine I discovered that if I ran short of petrol a rubber pipe from a gas bottle pushed into the air intake with the regulator set at a very low pressure caused the engine to run fine. I never left it running like that unless I was nearby to watch for any problems. I never had any but better not to take risks.

-- Dave Croft Warrington England

Map
Map

Dave Croft