Acton Bridge on Sunday

I called at the Steam Gathering alongside the Weaver at Acton Bridge yesterday morning. As well as the collection of traction engines & rollers the Steam Tug "Kearne" was moored alongside together with a few narrow boats. For anyone interested I have posted a few pictures at

very interesting morning even though this is the first time at this event I haven't seen any stationary engines. PS The narrow boat requesting to use the Anderton lift was told to get there quick as the lift required more repairs.

-- Dave Croft Warrington England

Dave Croft