Stationary engine Magazine (Winge Mode)

Gentlemen,

Have I missed something here, I read the Letters page yesterday and saw Nick's response to GW's whinge the other month, well put by the way, I had to smile when he added the obligatory balanced letter but got slightly annoyed about his dig at the end of his editorial where he stated that he does not get involved with the NG but sometimes gives fatherly advice. Does he do this through a Medium or does he appear here under another name. As an avid reader of the Magazine and user of many newsgroups I have not seen any of his fatherly advice. I can only assume that when I have sent pictures by post or email for possible inclusion in the magazine he has sent a receipt of reply by the same Medium because I've not received one note, at least DE used to send out a response.

If anybody can point me to his advice fatherly or otherwise I will read it.

Martin P

Reply to
campingstoveman

I Don't think printing my post in SEM served any particularly useful purpose - and any attempt to respond to GW's patronising comment would be similarly pointless - probably best to draw line under the whole thing.

nickh=== Posted with Qusnetsoft NewsReader 2.2.0.8

Reply to
nickh

You felt better !

Reply to
campingstoveman

"we have an internet engine newsgroup serving the hobby"

Who Kelsey

Dikster

Reply to
dikster1

Makes GW look good in front of his non-computer-literate readership, but a bit of a prat in front of everyone else who do understand newsgroups and email...

Peter

-- Peter A Forbes Prepair Ltd, Rushden, UK snipped-for-privacy@easynet.co.uk

Prepair Ltd

Erm - I just Googled "David Edgington" and came up with a list of book references & stuff - all sound & positive. Went as far as page five but couldn't find the damning phrases.

I did find out that he is in Iraq with the Muti-National force - but that might just be someone else.........

I was fine with his SEM editorial until I got to the "fatherly advice" line which did strike me as rather odd, especially as I suspect many of us in the hobby are old enough to extend that to him rather than vice-versa!

Personally - and I can only speak as I find, of course - if I correspond with GW by e-mail, I get a rapid response and have found him easy to deal with. He leaves my Deathless Prose alone for the most part & publishes what I send in, usually fairly swiftly although one article did lurk about for about 18 months.

One thing that I do find exasperating is the Class Ads: Surely it cannot be so difficult to get the right photo above the copy & not to repeat photos, sometimes more than once. I feel it lets the whole thing down as the occasional errors make the reader nervous as to the reality of the advert in question.

Regards,

J. Kim Siddorn, Regia Anglorum

This e-mail and attachments are intended for the named addressee only and the information in this message and/or attachments may contain protected health, legally privileged, or otherwise confidential information. If you, the reader of this message, are not the intended recipient, you are hereby notified that you may not further disseminate, distribute, disclose, copy or forward this message or any of the content herein. If you have received this E-mail in error, please notify the sender immediately and delete the original.

Any views expressed in this message are those of the individual sender and may or may not indicate the established policy of Regia Anglorum. It is the society's principal to rely solely upon hard copy communications in dealing with contractual matters.

This computer is protected with daily updated anti-viral software, but it is the responsibility of the recipient to ensure their incoming mail is virus-free.

Reply to
Kim Siddorn