Stoke Goldington Rally

Casting about for something to go to this weekend the only one in Old Glory guide within a reasonable drive of my W. London abode appears to be Stoke Goldington Nr. Newport Pagnall, not somewhere I've been before so any comments welcome.

Reply to
Nick H

It is normally very good but not a huge show. We are going on Saturday to have a couple of hours there. The ground should be drier now, and it is on top of a hill so hopefully there won't be any access problems like we saw at Rushden Cavalcade.

Probably J14 is the easiest access point for you, then come through Newport Pagnell town. The other way is up the A508 to Olney and turn left in the village just before the square.

Reply to
Prepair Ltd

Thanks Peter,

As you said, a good medium sized rally, very muddy though!

Nothing startlingly unusual in the engine line up, Hugh Stannard's hot bulb Tangye was probably the highlight, though I liked the Stuart P4 and comb plucker (I must get a Stuart again). Enough markety bits to keep Helen happy (especially the plants) and I bought a few odds and ends from Mac McGowan. All in, a good day out.

Reply to
Nick H