The Lurkers

No not an old punk band but a question - My announcement that I had put up some pics of the "Inglis" charging set (one more up now BTW) on this NG and nowhere else resulted in nearly 300 hits! Who are you all and why so shy?

Reply to
Nick H

Don't dream it - be it (oh no, not another music reference!).

Reply to
Nick H

Views of my very limited webshots collection had stabilised to a steady trickle. The sudden surge in hits when the new pics were announced was very noticeable.

Reply to
Nick H

Many of us are just dreamers!

We like these big old lumps, but have no direct experience with them. So when we see a link to something we've not seen before, we go take a look.

Thanks by the way!

Dan (from the colony across the salty pond)

Reply to
Dan Gates

Nick, I also have many hits on my photo's and I think that it is people who just like looking at photo's without actually coming to the NG.

Martin P

Reply to
Campingstoveman

I haven't put up any pictures on my Webshots page for a while, but it seems to be averaging about 100-150 hits per week, with a total of nearly 24,000. Considering its purely vintage machinery, mainly engines of one sort or another, that's not bad going.

Regards

Philip T-E

Reply to
ClaraNET

"ClaraNET" wrote

I haven't put up any pictures on my Webshots page for a while, but it seems to be averaging about 100-150 hits per week, with a total of nearly 24,000.

Its obviously because I've got you (and Nick and Martin) listed as favourite members. ;-).

Regards, Arthur G

Reply to
Arthur Griffin & Jeni Stanton

Nice to know youve got some friends then :-)) Martin P

Reply to
Campingstoveman

Hey, watch it, or I'll come and step on your toe. :-)

With friends like you........

Reply to
Arthur Griffin & Jeni Stanton

Kids, job, wife's job (Veterinary Surgeon, as you say, who just opened her own shop), time, money (see too much of 1 and 3, not enough results from 2), etc, etc.

Some day!

When we cleaned out my Grandfather's farm, we tossed several (4-5) washing machine engines. He was the "local mechanic" and who knows what else we threw away!?!?!?

Dan

Reply to
Dan Gates

I've found the same thing here. Put up some pics, tell 'em where to look - and they do!

There's a fair amount of diversity on my webshots albums, but there are some consistent high scorers. In this hobby, the one that gets around a hundred a week, every week is the "Rolls Royce Merlin" album, having over 11,000 hits and in my Other Hobby, "Regia at Detling show" has over 13,000.

I must say it is a very useful resource as I can take a picture in the workshop, whip upstairs and upload it to Webshots, e-mail people and have a reply in a couple of hours.

Regards,

Kim Siddorn

Reply to
J K Siddorn

Those little Maytags are cute and a pretty rare sight over here. I hope you find your self in a position to join in the tinkering some time in the not to distant future.

Reply to
Nick H