Latest threads in ⚙ Stationary Engines - UKshow only best voted threads

Subject Author Posted Replies

KLG Plug Temperatures.
Can anyone relate the old KLG brown (mica?) towered plugs with brass terminals, types G1, H1 & K1, to any other plugs of equivalent temperature ranges? Also, any idea as to when they were produced?...
4
4

Useful supplier
Go and have a look at W. Pedersen of 78 Taft Avenue, Lynbrook, NY 11563. USA Has a LOT of interesting stuff for sale at VERY reasonable prices. He has a myriad of different lacquered cotton covered HT...

Stationary engine fan.
Gents, as you know i'm a big fan of the stationary engine, but i also have an interest in old landrovers. i'm currently restoring a rather rough 1959 series 2 that i'm sure at some point will be...
13
13

The quacking of a duck well & truly broken!
Those who read my first post here will know that at the time I was still shopping for a first engine... not any more. Yesterday my workshop gained one lump extra in the form of a Petter A series. No...
13
13

A good buy from Lidle
I bought a very good buy from Lidle today. Part of their Arts sale is shown below. borrowed one of these a couple of years ago to do the humourous print below. can use photo's of the mannequin in a...

Early Petter Anglo help?
Russell Gilbert in Oz posted this on the ATIS list. I thought someone here might be able to help him! ------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------ G'day...
2
2

Stuarts at Astle '07
Just as an initial heads up, Dave Mc C & I are both aiming to take Stuart Turner flat twins to Astle Park next year. I thought it might be fun to see how many we could get there, already probably the...
2
2

OT: Outlook express
Gentlemen, How do I make OE take priority over Outlook, when I try and answer emails by reply Outlook takes over and I much prefer OE. Martin P
4
4

Almost O/T as winged wheels etc are so slow
Hi guys, Have a look at this site, follow up to the main page at some interesting reads. Included is a piece on painting while preserving transfers etc which is very relavent to stationary engines....

WANTED: Wheels for trolley
Hi, I have recently completed restoration of my first stationary engine - a Lister D. I now want to make a replica trolley for the engine, but am having difficulty sourcing a pair of wheels. I need a...
6
6

Petter M Picture
Hi all, Does anyone have a scan of an original Petter M picture like link below: am looking for this style of image for a Pear/Acorn Hopper engine, to put on the log sheet for my engine. Thanks in...
1
1

Re: O/T ish - WW2 gen set in action
I remember having my feet X-rayed in a shoe shop once - I dread to think what dosages the staff reached before they were phased out! regards, Kim Siddorn,
1
1

Local bring & buy
On Saturday, I arose at the crack of sparrowphart & made my way to Cranmore steam railway for the Wessex engine jumble. I found a box of ammeters, voltmeters & the like - there were two more - and...
7
7

Photo Comp
Gentlemen, Last year at the last knocking's I suggested a competition and it went down well so this year with a whole season to take pictures I suggested it again. Apart from a couple of "die hard"...

A day out with friends
Gentlemen, Today (Sunday) Dan Howden, Hugh Stannard and my good self took a trip into deepest Gloucestershire to view a very large private collection. Dan and I have been before but this was to be a...
1
1