Latest threads in ⚙ Stationary Engines - UKshow only best voted threads

Subject Author Posted Replies

Re: A bit of luck
Well, if you need a bit more Kim, I have just found a spare fire hose in the workshop, brand new still coiled, light brown in colour. I'm not sure if its 25 or 50 metres, any use? John
4
4

forest/trees problem with governor droop
so here I am, reading the manufacturer's literature about how governor droop works, and I can understand all these details. But the problem is.... I don't understand the foundation. How does cutting...

Re: Judging
Been away at the Annual Rally of the Farm Machinery Preservation Society in Essex this weekend (pics on the website hopefully next week) and guess what......My Fuller and Johnson won "best restored...
3
3

it runs!!!!!!!!!
Hi All We managed to fire the PH2 up today, first time in probably quite a long time! The engine appeared to have been run to a standstill on water and then left, both injector pumps were seized and...
1
1

Wolseley WD8 Petrol Tap
Does anyone know a source for the above please. Mine keeps leaking despite the use of washers, grommets etc. Regards, Ian.

Bristol SE Club Rally Sunday
Today is the Bristol club's rally at Tog Hill on the A420. It'll be well signposted if you are out that way. I'm taking the firepump to see if it attracts some hoses and one of the WD gennys. Time I...

More OT humour - quick before they fix it!
Try this soon, before Google fixes it's site: 1) Go to 2) type in (but don't hit return): "weapons of mass destruction" 3) Hit the "I'm feeling lucky" button, instead of the normal "Google search"...
3
3

Exotic welding/brazing materials site
but perhaps a lifesaver Regards, Kim Siddorn Bacon is a friend in the salad bowl of life

Other men's pleasures.....
Having sold my Vincent twin a few weeks ago, I've been extracting some of my two-wheeled toys from the depths of the workshop with a view to getting them on the road whilst I still have the stamina to...
2
2

OT humour - Ferrari firing
I loved this. Please, please will our friends in the north west of England not take it as an insult, only a comment on't recent news item. GSOH essential ................. Ferrari fires its crew. The...

stepped piston engine
anyone got any thoughts on the advantages/disadvantages of this design. http://users.breathemail.net/prhooper/opads.htm
1
1

Alco Engine Help
I wonder if anyone can help with any info or copy of manual for an ALCO featherweight engine that was orignally fitted to ex WD generating set. Regards

Allen Scythe
I am looking for a working Allen Scythe to purchase preferably in the Northumberland area. Any offers or pointers in the right direction appreciated. Nigel Booth

Re: Big Lister Value ??
Sorry, had a few emails as I did not include the URL: The said engine is at: http://mysite.freeserve.com/StationaryEngine/eng/Ntype.htm
3
3

Re: Lister Startomatic on ebay
Bit optimistic on pricing with a reserve over £500, and they are not really worth much more than £350-£400 unless you really, really need one. The later 4kW version might be worth that, but I have...
12
12