Latest threads in ⚙ Stationary Engines - UKshow only best voted threads

Subject Author Posted Replies

Generator problems
I'm putting a 3 phase generator to work for the workshop. It's 13.5KVA so not too big. It's from the 1960's but looks in good condition. The previous user says it worked his shop machines. I know him...
11
11

Mushroom headed "nuts"
What is the correct name for these thigs. theu are mushroom headed and internally threaded 8mm. If I know the proper name then I can find some for sale. See
11
11

Pulling up stumps on this newsgroup?
I've been using the Internal Fire forum for some time and just submitted an application for Peter Forbes' stationary engine forum after occasionally lurking there for a while. IMHO neither matches...
9
9

Water injection
This is a pretty broad Church & I thought you might be interested in the following. Water injection It was pretty well known in the 20-30's. My dad was a mechanic and then a service engineer & drove...
6
6

Bolt sourcing issue
Can anyone suggest a supplier for a few of these? I think this roller shutter was made with "binocular bolts" in mind. http://www.alexholden.net/misc/TracyToolsBoltsBig.png
16
16

OT - Kim on the telly again
Should anyone be in the least interested, our Anglo-Saxon Longhall is on "Treasures of the Anglo-Saxons" shot partly at Wychurst will be on BBC4 tonight. 9.00pm I believe. Regards, Kim Siddorn
3
3

Edwardian Farm
While I've enjoyed the BBC2 series on the Edwardian Farm re-enactment at Morwellham Quay, I didn't find it so satisfying as the Victorian Farm series set at Acton Scott. I feel they tried to cover too...
6
6

Risk accessment
Andy Dingley, Was all of the stuff on risk assessment I sent you any good. Martin P
2
2

O/T This guy can REALLY fly
How the hell did he do this?
5
5

O/T computer fan wiring
I've got a fan from a PC that I want to use on a project. The name plate says it's 20W @ 12V . That's easy to understand but it has 3 wires to the motor which I don't understand. The PC is long gone...
3
3

Adjustable spanner
Appologies if you've seen this before but now I've seen everything - watch the video. suppose it's another answer to "What do you give the man who has everything?" John
34
34

Why we tinker with engines?
If a new year leaves you yearning for a change, is working with your hands the answer?
8
8

Ping Dave Croft - looks familiar?

Happy New Year
Forgot to wish all and sundry a happy New Year. Martin P

A good buy
Gentlemen, I have been having a tidy in workshop and decided to tidy wiring on angle poise lamp over lathe so took it down and then thought my mate had given me a better one. Found the new lamp and...
1
1