Latest threads in ⚙ Stationary Engines - UKshow only best voted threads

Subject Author Posted Replies

Shopping.
Beginning to suffer a little from cabin fever so we went out shopping today. We chose to go to Bourne End remembering there was an antiques centre there which usually has a selection of old...
5
5

petter 2 cylinder diesels
I am after some information, I'm hoping someone posting here can help. I have a gen set with an air cooled Petter, and I want to install it in a sailing boat thus it would be better if it was...
2
2

Wikipedia - Maytag flat twins
I've never seen one, rarely seen a Maytag single (Kim's shed?), but I understand there's also a Maytag flat-twin. As Wikipedia is currently doing its usual thing of flailing around in the dark, those...
10
10

Happy Christmas to all engineers!
Somewhere about a 1,000 miles north of me, little blokes in daft green & red suits are piling gifts into the Quantum Sled. In the upstairs office, a bigger bloke (who bears some slight resemblance to...
4
4

OT - 30M rebuild
I've asked for info and assistance here several times in the last few weeks and I thought you'd all like the opportunity to see what I'm doing. I've uploaded a number of photos showing how the bike...
3
3

snow?
Well you lot are all very quite. Are you hibernating or something? I've been watching the various news reports of frozen Britain with loads of snow and we've got none here in Oxfordshire. Damn...
5
5

Bit OT - mystery bike
M20 top ends perhaps? Regards, Kim Siddorn
5
5

A Christmas story
Kim, On behalf of everybody who I have spoken to over the weekend may I say what an excellent piece of writing you had within the pages of SEM. Well done, Martin P
1
1

OT; Myths and Legends
Gentlemen, Is anybody like me hooked on Merlin, Saturday evenings, I think it is an excellent series and hope that they go beyond Excalibur next weekend with another series. Martin P
1
1

Tinbashing feast!
I did think the DVD was expensive at £34 ..... regards, Kim Siddorn

First engine
Hello! I am a soon to be retired engineer looking for my first engine to restore. I am in East Yorkshire and have been trying to find a nearish auction but the best I have come up with is the Cheffins...
3
3

How to drill a square hole
Found this device recently, amazing. ?v=S1JH19-JwzA&feature=fvwHas anyone tried one? John drilling a square hole on a lathe (home made tool) this tool is fully described in Model Engineer magazine...

Engines in programmes
Gentlemen, Does anyone one ever remember the Petter M I think that used to sit on the headmasters wall in Last of the Summer Wine. Martin P

Condensation
A perennial problem with heavy lumps of iron in the widely varying air temperatures at this time of year. Engines themselves aren't too bad, not many horizontal suraces where moisture can lie and in...
7
7

BBC Edwardian farm
Did anyone else see the first episode last night? Seems quite interesting a was the previous series on the Victorian farm. I hope we get a bit more mechanisation this time round - perhaps even some...
13
13