OT - Kim on the telly again

Should anyone be in the least interested, our Anglo-Saxon Longhall is on "Treasures of the Anglo-Saxons" shot partly at Wychurst will be on BBC4 tonight. 9.00pm I believe.

Regards,

Kim Siddorn

Reply to
kimsiddorn

Are you on "Rome wasn't built in a day" ?

(bizarre program - builders try to rediscover Roman techniques with minimal input from experts)

BugBear

Reply to
bugbear

Not us Guv. This is yet another reality TV show. Put some people who are not comfortable with what they are doing in front of a camera.

All these "antique" trades are readily obtainable & I could personally find them a professional team during an afternoon's phoning round.

If they had wanted to do it properly, they'd have employed craftsmen who WANTED to build a Roman villa and not a bunch of overweight ingrate escapees from "Rogue Traders"!

Regards,

Kim Siddorn

Reply to
kimsiddorn

Yes - they crop up on Time Team "inserts" all the time :-)

I think the audience is meant to empathise with the builders learning experience, as opposed to "just" watching people do what they already know how to do.

Human interest and all that.

BugBear (shocked at seeing ancient woodworking *without* Mr Goodburn)

Reply to
bugbear