Latest threads in ⚙ Stationary Engines - UKshow only best voted threads

Subject Author Posted Replies

Lister D Chain (magneto drive) - replacement
Dear All Does anybody know where I can find a replacement chain for my Lister D. The current chain is seized rock solid and no amount of "encouragement" over the last 3 months has managed to free it...
7
7

SSTEC rally Corbridge, Northumberland
Evening all. Went to the South Tynedale Traction Engine Clubs rally at the rugby ground in Corbridge today. Nice site, good selection of stuff on display, good autojumble and IMO well worth a visit if...

Whitwell Rally Hertfordshire
Gentlemen, I am off to Whitwell tomorrow with my Lister L if you are local come and say hello. Martin P
1
1

OT Lexmark X1180 printer refills
I tried to do some engine prints today only to find my cartridges were running out. The only place handy was Tesco so I went to buy a pair. (Took sedative tablet first) The prices were Lexmark colour...
1
1

Oil
John Dungan's post set me thinking - I have several 5 gal drums of military oil split about equally between OC-600 a heavy compounded gear oil and OMD-40 a light (10W) detergent engine oil. I use the...
5
5

Engine Oil
Hi, Would straight 50 be ok for an engine? Or what would one recommend? Regards, John
6
6

D-Day crank up
It is the anniversary of D-Day today. The Wessex Stationary Engine Club is holding a crank up with a military theme at the Old Down Inn, Emborough, Somerset, BA3 4SA this evening. We are encouraging...
7
7

New Purchase
Yesterday I had a nice drive upto Scarborough to fetch back a nice Bamford tulip top that I purchased of ebay recently. The engine has being stored for over 10 years and has suffered from been exposed...

OT-highest 'chute jump
Specially for our aeronuts may I present... Stick this on full screen and watch Joe Kittinger's 1960 balloon jump from 102 000 feet. Some of it is from the balloon camera, some of it is from his...

Little Jim - Parts 3 and 4
"Little Jim" - The Restorer's's Dying Maytag - by JW² (with apologies to Edward Farmer) Part 3 of 4 He thought that Jim was dying This thing he loved so dear Had uttered these last words That he...
3
3

Paint Codes
Could anyone help with info on the powder blue paint used on Bamford equipment? BS No would be good or a source from which we could purchase some. Regards Bob Stone
1
1

Little Jim - Part 2
For those who are not subscribers to the SEL (Stationary Engine List in ATIS), a bit of background might be enlightening. That group has had a long-running bit of fun and nonsense regarding Maytag...
1
1

BSF Machine Screws
Lad is restoring a 1926 BEV Battery Loco, Type No1, Works No. 551 for Steeple Grange Light Railway. He needs some BSF screws for the controller; 1=BD"x=BC" BSF Machine Screws dome or cheese head if...
5
5

Onan 48S-6 battery charger
hello, i have just got hold of a Onan WW2 battery charging set. Model no. 48S-6. It's dated 1944. The geny is in great condition for it's age. I after any advice as to get it started and a parts...

"Little Jim" - The Dying Maytag (Part 1)
These are the first few stanzas of my latest epic poem. If you can stand the first sample, I could be persuaded to drip-feed the remainder . . . or to desist entirely, given sufficient inducement...
4
4