Latest threads in ⚙ Stationary Engines - UKshow only best voted threads

Subject Author Posted Replies

Anderton Boat Lift etc in Cheshire
We've just returned from a week away in Cheshire visiting a variety of attractions. There were two places I was particularly looking forward too seeing, The Anson Museum and the Anderton Boat Lift....
2
2

ebay and its effect on collecting practices and rituals.
Who'd have thought you could get a grant to study ebay? but In 2004 the Economic and Social Research Council dished out £127,454.10 for a project called "Virtually Second-hand: Internet Auction Sites...

Wico mag help
I have posted a few pics (link below)of the magneto that came with my Stuart N.Not had any luck in finding any info on this unit ,I've Googled and searched with zero result. Please can anyone help?...
5
5

Internal fire Raffle?
Was told this evening that Internal fire Museum are having a raffle, does anybody know where to buy tickets? Their website, doesn't seem to mention them (unless I missed it), Would they be on sale at...
4
4

ALCO Featherweight
A Google search drew a blank - can anyone help with information on these units, now surfacing in ever increasing numbers. can't find anything useful & detest displaying without a crib sheet! Regards,...

Newbie seeks advice. Please be gentle...
I've acquired an engine - it's a BSA 420 CL attached to a Pegson Marlow pump. It doesn't run yet. But thats why I got it, I like tinkering. Compression seems entirely adequate. Now, all my tools are...
5
5

OT but I couldn't resist!
My father spent last week on the IOM for part of the TT centenary celebrations - here's a picture of him crossing the line on the old St John's course.
16
16

Carrington Steam rally washout
Here are a few pics that I took as we got towed out of carrington Yesterday. The ground was in excellent condition as we arrived on friday, and the condition by friday night can be seen by the photo...
5
5

Gone quiet again
Gentlemen, We all stuck our heads up for a moan this weekend but apart from that its rather quiet again, nobody done anything interesting this weekend. I must confess that the weather is down to me as...
5
5

Car and Deep Cycle Battery FAQ
The Car and Deep Cycle Battery FAQ Web pages have been moved. They are located at The latest version is 7.0, dated May 28, 2007. The FAQ is consumer oriented with answers to questions about lead-acid...

SEM editorial
Gordon Wright has again used his position to have a pop at this newsgroup. He was apparently "horrified" to read that eight years ago a comment was made to the effect that David Edgington was slow to...
12
12

OT - definately not stationary!
J. Kim Siddorn, eBay Mobile
3
3

What do Lister engines sell for?
Hello group, What would be a good price to list an LT1 engine for? I don't really know where to start price wise, as I have no idea what these engines sell for, so any help would be great. Thanks!...
3
3

Another ABC!
I was successful this afternoon in bidding for an ABC flat twin on eBay. Costalot, but I know of only one other, very far away & not for sale. I was doing well at under eighty quid until 30 seconds...
4
4

Lister D govenor gear wanted
Hi all, Does anyone have a Lister D govenor gear spare, mine lost a tooth and keeps buggering up the timing. Im really desperate to get one as im booked in to show the engine in a couple of weeks...
5
5