Lister D Chain (magneto drive) - replacement

Dear All

Does anybody know where I can find a replacement chain for my Lister D. The current chain is seized rock solid and no amount of "encouragement" over the last 3 months has managed to free it up. So I'm in the market for a new chain but cant find a suitable supplier.

Regards

David

Reply to
David Taylor

Do you know what size it is? I've got a fair quantity of NOS chain.

Oily

Reply to
Oily

Hi Oily

Do you just need to know the length of the chain?

Thanks

David

Reply to
David Taylor

It will almost certainly be a standard size for a bicycle or motorcycle, your local repair shop will have a chain of the same width/link lenth and will be able to cut one down to lenth.

Reply to
crn

Quite a few bearing stockists sell chain. If you're not sure of the size take it in and let them sort it out for you.

Gyppo

Reply to
J D Craggs

ref chain - it would probabley be worth trying "WYKO EWB" -- its what edmunds walker industrial division became - they used to do various size of reynolds chain by length - if not ring me - julian - at godfrey autoparts hull and ill try another outfit. tel 01482 217887 p.s looking for a petter a1 to scavange for bits - know of anyone with a spare?

Reply to
jagojules

"David Taylor" wrote..........

If you haven't got fixed up I need to know what size the links are (between pins & width) as I've no idea what is fitted on a Lister D, and yes I will need to know the number of links ( or x2 the rollers).

Oily

Reply to
Oily

I have a couple of A1 junkers destined for the scrap man(I just rob the mags off them)which parts do you need? Kenny.

Reply to
woolseley