Wanted: Lister D hopper drain tap

While i'm here, may as well put in a request for this, been looking for one for a while, so if anyone has one they'd like to sell me, or knows of someone who has one they would sell me, fire me an e-mail to chriX(at)woaf dot net, or post here!

Regards Chris

Reply to
Chris Crocker - White

Chris,

There's a chap been selling several on Ebay which he claims are right for a Lister D. But just a note of caution - I bought one (to use for something else) and it is seized solid. So far the WD40 has made no difference and I am reluctant to try brute force as the brass is quite soft.

David Mack

Reply to
David Mack

This happened to one that I picked up. Like a rock it was. An old boy I know said "Stick it in the freezer for 24 hours, boil up a small tin of paraffin and drop it in." Bingo! not seized anymore.

It did work but DO be careful putting a tin of paraffin over an open flame, won't you?

Regards,

Kim Siddorn. Amateur advice only, no responsibility for results

Reply to
J K Siddorn

Thanks David, will keep an eye out for one.

Regards Chris

chriX(at)woaf

Reply to
Chris Crocker - White