100 ton tanker

Which is the better model, the Hornby 100 ton tanker or the Lima one?

I personally think its the Hornby one but I am no expert on "modern" stuff generally being a steam man.

Reply to
Piemanlager

FWIW, I think the Hornby is far better - the Lima one always looked too continental for my liking.

Dave

Reply to
Dave Potter

Do you really mean the Lima 100t tanker, Dave, or one of the other ones that Lima issued? The Hornby one suffers from bogies leftover from a Triang Transcontinental coach from the early 1960s- I'd have thought they'd have retooled them by now. Both are more-or-less spot-on dimensionally, the Lima one having bogies somewhat closer to the prototype, pivotted on their centres rather than in the somewhat curious Hornby manner. Brian

Reply to
BH Williams

I must have been thinking about 'one of the other ones' Brian. Unable to pin down a picture of either Lima model at the mo to check.

Dave.

Reply to
Dave Potter