3 way point and DCC

Hi,

Does anyone have any advice on wiring up a Peco 3-way point (electofrog) for use with DCC. To be honest, I'm struggling to wire it for DC properly and have just purchased a Lenz DCC compact. I would like to know whether it will make things harder or easier.

Thanks

Reply to
Meadowgreen-TMD

Doesn't make any difference, DC or DCC you need for each rout the two rails in use to be of opposite polarity. Keith Make friends in the hobby. Visit Garratt photos for the big steam lovers.

Reply to
Keith Norgrove

Alan Gartner covers most of the ground at

Don't know if he has any 3-way stuff, suggest you have a root around. This site should probably be made compulsory viewing :-)

Regards

Len

"Meadowgreen-TMD @meadowgreen-tmd.co.uk>" Hi,

Reply to
Len

Thanks, I'll have a look at the site. Wiring is defiantly not my strong point, which I why I want to go down the DCC road. I was just testing the 3 way to see how it is wired up and I cannot get it to work right following the peco instructions (using SPDT switches and not the accessory switch) I either get the centre line working and not the two turnouts, or the two turnouts working and not the centre.

Reply to
Meadowgreen-TMD

There's a drawing here shows how to wire up a hand made one, it may help. The main thing to realise is that the centre frog should be connected to one of the side frogs,