A1 at Polmadie

Just out of interest I decided to see where each of my model locos were sheded from my 1952 Locoshed book. 60161 North British was sheded to Polmadie.Now being from London and Hertfordshire I don't know too much about Scottish sheds but I thought Polmadie serviced Glasgow Central and hence ex LMS lines not LNER lines. Can somebody enlighten me as to what 60161 would be doing in 1952? Also as the 9F's weren't built in 1952 were was 92239 sheded throughout its life?

Thanks

Kevin

Reply to
Kevin Rayner

The summer '59 shed book lists 92239 as being allocated to 81A (Old Oak Common).

Reply to
Jerry.

Thanks, and whilst on the subject of sheds, the 1952 Locoshed book lists Aylesbury as a subshed of Neasden 34E but also lists Aylesbury as a subshed of Slough 81B. Now I seem to recall that Aylesbury might have been Western Region briefly but would it have had Western Region engines on 81B and Eastern Region engines on 34E at the same time.

Kevin

Reply to
Kevin Rayner

"Kevin Rayner" wrote

I've some recollection of A1 Pacifics being briefly used on the northern section of the WCML at some stage. Can't quote dates, but I'm sure I've seen pictures of them on Shap & Beattock.

John.

Reply to
John Turner