A4 locos

I'd prefer a 14 for my own selfish needs. Just right for shunting wagons up and down my 'plank'

Pete

Reply to
mutley

In message , kim writes

It seems to me that the only people who say that cricket is boring are those that do not understand the game.

Reply to
John Sullivan

Care to enlighten us all, Pete? Who and when would be good.....?? You must have some little snippet for a guess like that, surely, but I really, really hope you are right. Badger.

Reply to
Badger

"mutley" wrote

I'd settle for one of those too; after all they finished their BR career in Hull.

John.

Reply to
John Turner

They did, rtr versions of 15 and 17 were available briefly from Techcad,

Sems their business plan was flawed so they are now offered as semi-kits, ie need some basic assembly and painting. Keith Make friends in the hobby. Visit Garratt photos for the big steam lovers.

Reply to
Keith Norgrove

Yes, I read you explanation before posting. Excellent it was too. You don't happen to know how the title "Reservoir Dogs" came about as well?

(kim)

Reply to
kim

'Fraid not.

Reply to
MartinS

I used to know someone (who died a few years back) who bought 'Trainspoting' because he honestly though it would be about Trainspoting, it did do one thing for him though, it made him more aware of the modern world !...

Reply to
:::Jerry::::

If anybody's interested Quentin Tarantino misheard someone else's mention of the film "Au revoir, les enfants" as "Reservoir Dogs" and decided that would make a good title, too.

Andy Kirkham Glasgow

Reply to
Andy Kirkham

Thanks, that's brilliant. Some of my friends are professional movie critics and even they didn't know!

(kim)

Reply to
kim

It would be interesting to see given that they didn't announce it at the toy fair. In fact, interestingly they didn't announce ANY diesels at the toy fair, especially so given the comments in MREMAG that diesels would be going on the backburner after one of the diesel releases and the usual flurry of criticism, constructive and otherwise. Nevertheless, when they announced the 20s, there was also a further comment to add that the 17s would follow not too long after. I for one would be a very happy camper if you were correct... Despite their mistakes, great (missing nose seams on the Peaks meaning that I didn't buy any until the batch comes out that have them) and subjective (Deltic nose shape), they still do a reasonable job of representing the prototype and I still have multiple examples of most of their recent releases.

Reply to
Michael Walker

"Michael Walker" wrote

But they did! They announced a class 108 dmu - something far more useful to those modelling the diesel & electric scene than yet another loco.

John.

Reply to
John Turner

Oops, good point, although obviously diesel loco was what I meant. However, I'm really looking forward to the 108 too and will probably buy several over time. And I agree a heritage DMU is more useful and largely missing from the current catalogues in an obvious way that it wasn't on the prototype (far from missing, quite ubiquitous).

Reply to
Michael Walker

"Craig Douglas" wrote

We've had a number locally.

John.

Reply to
John Turner

Are there many swapping bachmann A4s for new hornby ones?

Craig

Reply to
Craig Douglas