Atlas Editions

In the April edition of Hornby Magazine was a leaflet detailing an offer for a model of a Corgi RTW 1/76 scale bus for =A31.99 with free P&P Atlas Editions.

Has anyone who also applied got theirs yet ?

Chris

Reply to
Dragon Heart

I applied almost 2 months ago, not got it yet. Ray.

Reply to
Ray

Doesn't the law say that they have to send it to you within 28 days?

Reply to
Jane Sullivan

UPDATE

Got this from Atlas Editions Customer Services today :-

" Thank you for your email. we can confirm the order was processed for you, unfortunately we experienced delays in receiving stock of the Buses. We have now received them and yours should be dispatched within the next few weeks. Please accept our apologies for the delay and for any inconvenience this may have caused. "

"within the next few weeks" bit open ended ! Good job I did not pay for it during the order phone call !

Atlas Editions appear to have a problem with deliveries of everything if the web is anything to go by ..... they claim to send out over 40 million packages per year !

Chris

Reply to
Dragon Heart

It's a come-on to buy a series of down-rated model buses produced from Corgi moulds at 15 quid apiece. Fine if they're models you want and you don't mind missing details like mirrors, wipers, number plates, etc.

The old adage applies - if it looks too good to be true, it probably is.

Reply to
MartinS

I agree BUT they will be ideal as a cheap model for the son's layout :-)

That's why I like 'Railroad' Hornby !

Chris

Reply to
Dragon Heart

I like 'Railroad' Hornby too, as it's half the price, but I don't think £15 for model buses (after the first two) is 'cheap'. Hatton's has lots of older EFEs for £15, and many even cheaper bargains on Corgi, Britbus and CMNL, including an Eden Project Citaro bendy for £10 (RRP £30)!

Reply to
MartinS

Me too, suspect railroad 9F is the tots favourite loco (even diesels lose out), he loves Duchesses of course but dont give him so much freedom with them.

Cheers, Simon

Reply to
simon

My London Transport RTW double decker and Southdown Bristol Lodekka FS finally arrived today !

Will not be able to use them on son=92s layout as mounted on display stands but he=92s happy with them.

He also got his wall chart, pin badge, DVD, collector cards and travel clock.

Was not impressed with packaging, clear plastic bag !

Chris

Reply to
Dragon Heart

Hi, Mine arrived this morning May 6th. Very nice, but no Fleet Number on side of bonnet (RTW4) although there is one shown on the photo of the model. Cheers.

Peter

Reply to
manxcat

Mine arrived today. The rear window rattles in its frame. Not bad for £2! Send for the second one and cancel I think. Ray

Reply to
Ray

My intention too. The RTW does not live up to its description - no fleet number for a start.

I believe their series of 1:1,250 warships is also produced in a rather slap happy way too with decals missing and so on.

Reply to
Mitdish

You get what you pay for.

Reply to