Bachmann 66405

Some quick pictures of 66405 now on the WFRM website - once again rushed I'm afraid, but we should get some decent ones at the weekend at the Wigan show

David Skipsey

In message , David Skipsey writes

Perhaps you should have a look at some photographs of the prototype - definitely blue.

Have a look at:

Regards

Reply to
Bill Campbell

Reply to
Mick Bryan

I have and it is definately black even on the link you posted - have another look.

I have a full set of photos of *all* the DRS ones thanks - I wouldn't have said it should be black if I wasn't 99% sure.

Reply to
David Skipsey

Blue body side, yes, but the other person's comment was about the

*roof*, which isn't blue (well, not all of it, anyway).

PhilD

Reply to
PhilD

It is when it's reflecting the sky! :o)

(kim)

Reply to
kim

In message , David Skipsey writes

Try this one!

Bill Campbell

There is a definate line just above the change in angle on the bodyside (but below the cant rail line) where it changes from blue to black ......

but.....

it appears somewhat patchy and there appears to be a further line/change of colour then just below the silencer/grills on the roof....

Water soluable balck paint maybe ;-)

Reply to
Jeff McGhie

Bill,

Yep - its black - what you see is probably the reflection of the sun on the roof.

When I get time I will post some side on close ups which demonstrate it for you.

bottom line is people can choose to leave it as it is or paint it black !

Reply to
David Skipsey

Funny one that, I'd never realised! Looking through Fotopic, it's obvious that the front "arch" which contains the horn grille is definitely black, but the rest of the roof is harder to call on most pic's, mainly due to the usual filth and reflections from the sky. However, a few close up pics, such as

and, more so,
certainly prove that the whole roof above bodyside level is black - just compare it with the cab doors which are blue all the way up to the top! Looking through some of the other loco's shows that they all seem to be like that, see
for example. I think Bachmann need to be told, for future releases!!! Some pics, however, hint at a blueish area midway along the roof at cantrail level, including
so perhaps the black has been gradually fading away, as Jeff McGhie suggests!

Cheers, John.

Reply to
John Lancaster

Bill,

saw the real 66405 on my way to Wigan today and the roof is 100% definitley black.

Reply to
David Skipsey