Modelstrip on Grafar loco's

Hi folks, thought I'd draw on collective experience...

Has anyone used Modelstrip successfully on a Farish diesel loco? I've got a couple (a 31 & a 37 as new) which I plan to repaint.

Nobody likes melted loco's...

Reply to
Jim M

Hi Jim - my advice with these would be to apply a small amount to an out of the way area to test it. Farish and Bachmann locos are very fickle when it comes to Model Strip, though the older GF models are farily safe.

I recently reduced a Farish 170 shell to a blob of black goo by leaving in a tub of Phoenix Superstrip and stupidly forgetting all about until next day...:-(

Regards, Adam Warr

Adam

Adam,

Thanks for the advice. My only problem with that is that there is, in fact, very little paint on the inside of the loco's, and anywhere else is... well, outside!

What the hell, I'll just do it as per the instructions and get some rosary beads or something... ;o)

Reply to
Jim M