Bachmann 9F

I would like to shorten the tender drawgear on this model. How do you get it out? Undoing the most obvious screw seemed to do nothing.

Alistair Wright

Reply to
Alistair Wright

"Alistair Wright" wrote

Was this whole process not covered in last month's Model Rail? Or maybe it was BRM, not certain which.

John.

Reply to
John Turner

Alistair

Reply to
Alistair Wright

I suspect what John meant was, i am not sure how to do it, but it was in last months ........

Simon

Reply to
Piemanlarger

"Piemanlarger" wrote

I suspect John meant that Model Rail explains in last months issue everything which is necessary to close couple the 9F. It's not just about removing the draw bar, there are other essential modifications too.

I could have given a simplistic answer, but chose to give the sensible one.

John.

Reply to
John Turner

My recollection of having done this is that it was the second-from-the-back screw - but it did take some fiddling to get the drawbar out (and back in).

I drilled a small hole a little forward of the existing forward hole, and then gradually opened it up with drills and then a rat-tail needle file. The latter was necessary as I found that my new hole needed to overlap slightly with the existing one.

Best of luck!

John Isherwood.

Reply to
cctransuk